I wanted to take this time to write you about our exciting upcoming marching season. The staff and I are working very hard to make this the most rewarding season in Westside’s history. Please take time to read through the important information attached to this e-mail and the VERY IMPORTANT below bulleted points. Please e-mail me if you have any questions. Again, please read all of the important information.
· We have made small adjustments in the summer schedule. None of the days changed – only a few times. Most of the adjustments were made to help you and your family!
o Calendar on website: http://www.wolfband.org/calendar.html
o All rehearsals (except one) will begin at 7:30 am. (Less heat and more time home with your family!)
o 8/3-8/7 – 7:30 am – 3:00pm
o 8/10 – 12:30 – 4:30pm (see below note)
o 8/11-8/14 – 7:30 am – 12:30pm
o 8/17-8/21– 7:30 am – 12:30pm
· Most of the schedule is the same from day-to day except August 10th. Please plan your schedule around this “strange” schedule. Our rehearsal is from 12:30-4:30 pm.
· Please do not schedule your SAT on October 3rd. We have our first contest and football game on this day. Please sign up for the November 7th SAT. There are many more possibilities too.
· Once school begins we will have two weekly after school rehearsals! (In the past we have always had three) We listened to you! We want you to have more time to study, possibility of having a job and spend time with your family. Most after school rehearsals are on Tuesday and Thursday. Although, some are on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please look at the calendar for the exact schedule.
· Preview Night is scheduled for August 26th
o All parents and Wolf Band supporters are encouraged to watch the show for the first time! After the band performs we will have a cookout.
· Uniform sizing is scheduled for August 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th. Please understand what day YOU go. It’s broken up by classification. You DO NOT come every day – just once.
· For any new incoming students/parents I understand the calendar can look shocking. Please understand that it’s chaotic for a VERY short amount of time. Honestly it’s only busy for less than 12 weeks.
o In 12 weeks students will: perform in front of thousands of people, memorize over 25 pieces of music, meet new friends, become responsible with time management and self-discipline, and much much more! I hope you and your family is excited about the journey you are about to be on.
· Subscribe to the 2015-2016 Wolf Band Remind 101 Service – THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. To join, send a text to 81010 – text this message: @1516band
o We will send important information throughout the entire year through the Remind 101 account.
Again, I have attached a document that’s very important to read. Please spend time reading over the material. Have a wonderful summer – please let me know if you have any questions.
Westside Dreictor of Bands